Translate

Friday 1 May 2015

Pond Life

I have set myself a bank holiday project for May, which is to build a small pond in my back garden.

My Pond For Frogs - Before The Plants Grew
My Pond For Frogs - Before The Plants Grew

This is not some sort of Coy Carp or Goldfish vanity project you understand, but rather to create a 'natural' pond for the frogs that inhabit my garden in increasing numbers. This sudden increase from nearly zero, to a dozen or so, is I believe, due to the ever increasing habitat pressure, as gardens get built over and more people get dogs.

So in something of a measure of atonement for my childhood, when I was responsible for numerous froggy deaths out of a fatal (for the frogs and newts), attraction by the younger me, for amphibious life, I have bent my back, and opened my wallet.

I Woke Up From A Nightmare, Only To Find 'The Frog King' Really Was The Final Judge .....
I Woke Up From A Nightmare, Only To Find
'The Frog King' Really Was The Final Judge .....

Maybe now, the 'King Of The Frogs' will not be standing next to Saint Peter, waiting to judge me at the pearly gates.

6 comments:

  1. I have often worried that in hell, the King of the ants is going to pour boiling water over me from a kettle in some terrible retribution for the ant genocides committed by me in my backyard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have little pangs of guilt, when either deliberately or not we harm other creatures .... and those who don't, probably deserve it if a suitable retribution befalls them. Thanks for the comment Patty.

      Delete
  2. I see you've added a picture of your ouvre, well done.

    I like the image of the angel, where's it from? A famous painting I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have since finished it off with some plants and it now has some beetles and 3 small fish (they were caught up in my pond beetle hunt) .... actually I am pretty chuffed with it. Silly I know, but there you are.

      As for the picture .... paintshop is responsible for St Peter, the Frog King and St Peters gates. The main image was just something on the web, it wasn't attributed as anything famous, but it looks well executed. However it looks modern to me.

      Delete
    2. Apologies for my bad french, ouvre should read oeuvre, bien sûr.

      Delete
    3. I knew what you meant ....

      Delete

All comments are welcomed, or even just thanks if you enjoyed the post. But please make any comment relevant to the post it appears under. Off topic comments will be blocked or removed.

Moderation is on for older posts to stop spamming and comments that are off topic or inappropriate from being posted .... comments are reviewed within 48 hours. I don't block normal comments that are on topic and not inappropriate. Vexatious comments that may cause upset to other commentators, or that are attempting to espouse a particular wider political view, are reviewed before acceptance. But a certain amount of debate around a post topic is accepted, as long as it remains generally on topic and is not an attempt to become sounding board for some other cause.

Final decision on all comments is held by the blog author and is final.

Comments are always monitored for bad or abusive language, and or illegal statements i.e. overtly racist or sexist content. Spam is not tolerated and is removed.

Commentaires ne sont surveillés que pour le mauvais ou abusif langue ou déclarations illégales ie contenu ouvertement raciste ou sexiste. Spam ne est pas toléré et est éliminé.

Followers

Blog Archive

Its a Pucking World

Its a Pucking World
Dreamberry Wine Cover

About Me

My photo
A middle aged orange male ... So 'un' PC it's not true....