After yet another US mass shooting, at around 2 a.m. near Empire Pizza at East Congress Street and Sixth Avenue, in Tucson, Arizona in July 2026 (and there have been a lot of mass shootings in America in 2026, usually ethnic gang related, but otherwise alcohol and drugs, or family disputes are the main apparent drivers) ...
![]() |
| Twin Falls - In N Out Fatal Mall Shooting |
... one local resident, Anais Camacho,described the incident thus:
"I had like a gut feeling that we should leave and pretty much as soon as we got up, there were some guys fighting and I shouldn’t have butted my butt in, but I did. I was like, stop fighting and then instantly he like lifted his shirt up, and I didn’t even see the gun, but I knew what that meant."
"So I yelled at everybody to like run away like but I guess I said it in Spanish — I didn’t realize," Camacho added. "I said he has a gun, he has a gun and nobody like moved and I had to like grab my cousin and we dipped and as soon as we bent the corner, shots fired."
Camacho said she knows first-hand of the "rowdy" late-night violence there, as she told local news that she has seen shootings at the same down-town corner before. Interviewed after the latest such event. she told local tv station KGUN 9 that she now routinely warns relatives to leave before the bars close.
"I always tell my family and friends this: Once we’re out at 1:30 a.m, let’s go home because after 1:30 people always start fighting. People get drunk, they want pizza, and it always happens right here in this line, or in this area in this corner. I’ve been through another shooting the exact same way right here on this corner, and last time they let out three shots, so I kind of knew once people get rowdy, go home, you know."
It's telling that gun killings have become so ingrained in the local and national culture that locals still go out drinking and eating, in areas where they have nearly been gun victims in the past, knowing that there is every chance that they will be near such an incident again in the future.
During and after the World Cup, local UK sports reporters were full off praise for much of the US lifestyle, including food and entertainment (although public transport and transit systems were not included in the praise). However, luckily none of them, were near one of these violent outbursts that blight US life to such an extent that, as Ms Camacho indicated, they've become an accepted risk when going out.
Just Some Of The Recent US Mass Shootings (that didn't make International headlines, and where victims were more than one killed or injured):
- Five injured in Cleveland shooting.
- One dead, four wounded New York.
- Two dead, three injured in Toronto festival gun incident (yep, Canada is infected as well).
- Multiple people shot at festival in Toledo, Ohio.
- Ten wounded in mass shooting in crowded down town Tucson.
- At least one injured in Texas mall shooting.
- Active shooter reported in mall in Louisiana.
- Shooting in Chico library, Sacremento.
- Graduation shooting, Fairfield High campus, Sacremento.
- Lone gunman Chad Williams, 24, killed three people in In-N-Out restaurant in Twin Falls, Idaho.
Oh, and one incident of drunken fighting that luckily didn't end in a gun killing.

When these events happen in other countries they are International news, as the Thailand school shooting demonstrates. But hardly any of the killings in the list above, was reported outside of the US.
ReplyDeleteThat fact alone tells the story.
I'm afraid it does. Thanks for the comment.
DeleteAnother day and yet another mass shooting. Five injured, one critically.
ReplyDeleteThis was at Virginia State University which is a historically Black university in Ettrick, Virginia, so perhaps no shock that a gun fight breaks out near one of the residence buildings.
Only one victim has been definitely identified as a student, and detecives believe the other victims may be from the surrounding communities. The police are searching for multiple shooters.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shooting-virginia-state-university/
After initially suggesting there were multiple shooters, police arrested a sole shooter, a 17yr old from the local hood.
Delete