Translate

Sunday 9 January 2011

New Phones And Other Technology

I just bought a new phone that is a 'touch' phone ..... I mention this only because I was reminded  once again how fast the technology has moved since I last bought a phone. I now remember why I always hang on as long as possible to my old ones ..... I have just spent a good day learning how to  operate the phone in new ways, that are not intuitive to an old dog like me ..... and this wasn't an expensive android phone LOL

From this

The first "mobile" phone
To this ......

Android Operating system 2010 
... in just 35 years! What a world of advances we live in ..... the technology just keeps advancing like a form of magic ..... its easy to see why some people think it is just that .......

Clarke's Third Law

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

— Arthur C Clarke

"If it is distinguishable from magic, it's not advanced enough."

Anonymous

"The essence of magic is to determine the root cause of all things. There's no distinction between science and magic. The power of magic is like those of science. Meaning, it's at the forefront of the times!"

Patchouli Knowledge

5 comments:

  1. New technology does not make for new ideas. I still use a guitar I bought over 28 years ago, I still have a stereo I bought 20 years ago, I still have the same job for 24 years. Something work so dont change them.

    On the other hand I'm delighted with my second wife, a vast improvement on the first model. Still can't find the mute button though, must be a brand fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the 'Mute' button is missing from most of the later 2oth century models mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iphones have an 'app' that mutes my 'missus' when she phones me .... silence is golden LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the ad says " We have an app for that!"

    Anyway you can't even work out how to text me, so obviously new tech is beyond you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually mate - the problem was the copy function on the SIM .... it had corrupted the data.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcomed, or even just thanks if you enjoyed the post. But please make any comment relevant to the post it appears under. Off topic comments will be blocked or removed.

Moderation is on for older posts to stop spamming and comments that are off topic or inappropriate from being posted .... comments are reviewed within 48 hours. I don't block normal comments that are on topic and not inappropriate. Vexatious comments that may cause upset to other commentators, or that are attempting to espouse a particular wider political view, are reviewed before acceptance. But a certain amount of debate around a post topic is accepted, as long as it remains generally on topic and is not an attempt to become sounding board for some other cause.

Final decision on all comments is held by the blog author and is final.

Comments are always monitored for bad or abusive language, and or illegal statements i.e. overtly racist or sexist content. Spam is not tolerated and is removed.

Commentaires ne sont surveillés que pour le mauvais ou abusif langue ou déclarations illégales ie contenu ouvertement raciste ou sexiste. Spam ne est pas toléré et est éliminé.

Followers

Blog Archive

Its a Pucking World

Its a Pucking World
Dreamberry Wine Cover

About Me

My photo
A middle aged orange male ... So 'un' PC it's not true....