Translate

Saturday 26 July 2008

ZoneAlarm, AOL, Microsoft, and me

Ironically because I was off line I wasn't aware that Microsoft had disabled Internet access for all Zone Alarm users ..... this may well have been the main or partial cause of my Internet loss .... however as I also had issues installing AOL9.0VR in January before giving up and re-installing an older version, I am not convinced that I would ultimately have managed to stay with them.

Anyway the dirty deed of leaving AOL is done now, and I am not likely to go back now, if only because it proved to be such a ball ache cleaning up afterwards and I couldn't face all that again in the future. Therefore I am kind of glad and feel 'clean now' (Like when I had reached my first anniversary of giving up cigarettes ... LOL)

So although you didn't mean to be helpful Microsoft, I guess I owe you thanks for forcing me to save money and speed up my Internet experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcomed, or even just thanks if you enjoyed the post. But please make any comment relevant to the post it appears under. Off topic comments will be blocked or removed.

Moderation is on for older posts to stop spamming and comments that are off topic or inappropriate from being posted .... comments are reviewed within 48 hours. I don't block normal comments that are on topic and not inappropriate. Vexatious comments that may cause upset to other commentators, or that are attempting to espouse a particular wider political view, are reviewed before acceptance. But a certain amount of debate around a post topic is accepted, as long as it remains generally on topic and is not an attempt to become sounding board for some other cause.

Final decision on all comments is held by the blog author and is final.

Comments are always monitored for bad or abusive language, and or illegal statements i.e. overtly racist or sexist content. Spam is not tolerated and is removed.

Commentaires ne sont surveillés que pour le mauvais ou abusif langue ou déclarations illégales ie contenu ouvertement raciste ou sexiste. Spam ne est pas toléré et est éliminé.

Followers

Blog Archive

Its a Pucking World

Its a Pucking World
Dreamberry Wine Cover

About Me

My photo
A middle aged orange male ... So 'un' PC it's not true....