Translate

Friday 21 January 2022

First Love Is The Deepest

I still have my first teddy bear ...

You Can Take Keeping Teddy Too Far .....

There I said it.

I am not ashamed to tell you this and freely admit that I could never throw him away, even as I grew out of his bedtime company, and he now lives sitting on top of my bedroom wardrobe .... so he hasn't moved too far away really.

But I am not alone in this love of my teddy, with apparently 3.5 million British men still having their own beloved cuddly toy of babyhood, at least according to a survey by AO.com. I would bet that this figure would be even higher, if many men weren't embarrassed out of their teddy bears by their wives or girlfriends.

Even so, 83 per cent of those who admitted keeping their cuddly toy were not embarrassed about doing so (good for them) and 14 per cent said that they wished it was more accepted for men to admit to doing so. The principal reason given for keeping teddy was that it brought back childhood memories while the next most popular reason was that it reminded them of the loved ones who gave t too them (mainly mom and dad), especially if they had since passed away.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of men secretly keep teddy. I have still have rupert in a cupboard in my bedroom. My wife tolerates it but laughs when she comes across it. I dont care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Glad you felt able to come out of the cupboard John, even if it sounds as though 'Rupert' doesn't.

      Delete

All comments are welcomed, or even just thanks if you enjoyed the post. But please make any comment relevant to the post it appears under. Off topic comments will be blocked or removed.

Moderation is on for older posts to stop spamming and comments that are off topic or inappropriate from being posted .... comments are reviewed within 48 hours. I don't block normal comments that are on topic and not inappropriate. Vexatious comments that may cause upset to other commentators, or that are attempting to espouse a particular wider political view, are reviewed before acceptance. But a certain amount of debate around a post topic is accepted, as long as it remains generally on topic and is not an attempt to become sounding board for some other cause.

Final decision on all comments is held by the blog author and is final.

Comments are always monitored for bad or abusive language, and or illegal statements i.e. overtly racist or sexist content. Spam is not tolerated and is removed.

Commentaires ne sont surveillés que pour le mauvais ou abusif langue ou déclarations illégales ie contenu ouvertement raciste ou sexiste. Spam ne est pas toléré et est éliminé.

Followers

Blog Archive

Its a Pucking World

Its a Pucking World
Dreamberry Wine Cover

About Me

My photo
A middle aged orange male ... So 'un' PC it's not true....