Translate

Wednesday 20 August 2008

Edinburgh Comedy Fringe

I have been up to Edinburgh, for both a social visit, and too see some shows at the "fringe", and unusually I took a camera ..... I usually forget! I have lived in Edinburgh for over five years in the past, and still consider it to be the most beautiful and friendly large city in the UK and Europe.

I have good friends there, and any visits is both an excuse to see these friends, and visit a city I love. I saw a number of shows which I list in no order "1.Sammy J in the Forest of Dreams", 2."Ha Ha Hamlet!", 3."Umbrage Swain & The Magical Diamond of Ramtutiti", 4."The Golden Age of Magic", 5."The Axis of Awesome Comeback Spectacular", and 6."The Return of the Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre" .... the best of these were easily 1, 3, 5 and 6 and my personal favorite was .... well 3 and 6.

If forced into a corner, despite strong competition from the "Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre", the fact is that I was kissed by the incredibly beautiful and talented Millie Reeves from the cast of "Umbrage Swain & The Magical Diamond of Ramtutiti", which means that its a show I will remember for a LONG TIME ! I got the kiss, and free tickets for her show, for offering her a chair whilst I was in a "Don Quixote" mode in the Underbelly bar, which only shows that being nice has its own rewards!

I will blog on Edinburgh later (with Pictures!!!), but I will leave the last word in support of Umbrage Swain & The Magical Diamond of Ramtutiti, which is a hidden gem of a show, well acted and written, and with two talented and beautiful girls, ably supported by three funny guys ..... my surprise hit for Edfringe 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcomed, or even just thanks if you enjoyed the post. But please make any comment relevant to the post it appears under. Off topic comments will be blocked or removed.

Moderation is on for older posts to stop spamming and comments that are off topic or inappropriate from being posted .... comments are reviewed within 48 hours. I don't block normal comments that are on topic and not inappropriate. Vexatious comments that may cause upset to other commentators, or that are attempting to espouse a particular wider political view, are reviewed before acceptance. But a certain amount of debate around a post topic is accepted, as long as it remains generally on topic and is not an attempt to become sounding board for some other cause.

Final decision on all comments is held by the blog author and is final.

Comments are always monitored for bad or abusive language, and or illegal statements i.e. overtly racist or sexist content. Spam is not tolerated and is removed.

Commentaires ne sont surveillés que pour le mauvais ou abusif langue ou déclarations illégales ie contenu ouvertement raciste ou sexiste. Spam ne est pas toléré et est éliminé.

Followers

Blog Archive

Its a Pucking World

Its a Pucking World
Dreamberry Wine Cover

About Me

My photo
A middle aged orange male ... So 'un' PC it's not true....