Translate

Friday 10 April 2020

Jinxed Julia

Julia Monaco from Melbourne Australia decided to take a once in a life time holiday to Europe.

Julia Monaco - Lucky Aussie Adventurer
Julia Monaco - Aussie Adventurer

While in London, she was put in lock down on the 3rd of June 2017, on the underground because the London Bridge Islamic terror attack was under way.

Flying to Paris, on the 6th of June, she was visiting Notre Dame Cathedral when a policeman was stabbed outside, in another Islamic terror attack.

Shaken, but not put off, she went to Spain, and in Barcelona on the 17th August, she was forced to take cover, as the van attack ran down pedestrians on Las Ramblas. The last incident found her interviewed by the media.

“All of a sudden we were locked in the shop and confusion started to sprinkle among the people. The next second we knew we were literally running for our lives to the very back of the store where we were told to get on the ground away from the windows and lay as flat as possible.”

But showing typical Aussie pluck she said that “I feel a bit rattled; it’s not how I really expected today to go, but I don't feel like I want to go home. I feel like I want to stay here and not let them, whoever they might be, win. I still want to travel the world. Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I'm still going.”

I have no idea if she's had anymore adventures, but I guess that somewhere in the world, she's in self isolation, as no one can avoid that .... I can't say I would necessarily want to be on holiday anywhere she was (I'm not the lucky one in the crowd haha), but I wish her well in her management career in Melbourne or wherever she ends up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcomed, or even just thanks if you enjoyed the post. But please make any comment relevant to the post it appears under. Off topic comments will be blocked or removed.

Moderation is on for older posts to stop spamming and comments that are off topic or inappropriate from being posted .... comments are reviewed within 48 hours. I don't block normal comments that are on topic and not inappropriate. Vexatious comments that may cause upset to other commentators, or that are attempting to espouse a particular wider political view, are reviewed before acceptance. But a certain amount of debate around a post topic is accepted, as long as it remains generally on topic and is not an attempt to become sounding board for some other cause.

Final decision on all comments is held by the blog author and is final.

Comments are always monitored for bad or abusive language, and or illegal statements i.e. overtly racist or sexist content. Spam is not tolerated and is removed.

Commentaires ne sont surveillés que pour le mauvais ou abusif langue ou déclarations illégales ie contenu ouvertement raciste ou sexiste. Spam ne est pas toléré et est éliminé.

Followers

Blog Archive

Its a Pucking World

Its a Pucking World
Dreamberry Wine Cover

About Me

My photo
A middle aged orange male ... So 'un' PC it's not true....