Translate

Saturday 15 December 2012

One Is A Lonely Number

Talking about hope springing eternal in the hearts of men, if 'Three' is a magic number then 'One' definitely isn't.

Mr Brovedani - Lonely Udinese Fan
Mr Brovedani - Lonely Udinese Fan

You have to laugh at the news story of the lone Udinese football fan, a Mr Brovedani, who drove the 4 hours to Genoa on business, decided to go to watch his team play the local team Sampdoria .... as he said "I like the stadium there, it's very similar to English stadiums, I always take my flag and scarf around - they're always in the car with me." ..... only to find that he was the only away supporter.
 
Not one other Udinese supporter turned out on what was a meaningless match on a cold Monday night (apparently Udinese never attracts more than 50 or 60 away fans on a good day) ..... still they missed a treat, as surprisingly Udinese won 2 - 0 away from home, and then dedicated the victory to Mr Brovedani.

However the bit that made me laugh was that when he walked on to the terraces the Sampdoria fans booed him just as if he was the whole Udinese fan base ..... he said afterwards that when the "local fans booed me, I felt a bit offended".

They apparently gave him an ovation at the end for sticking it out .... "they clapped and invited me for coffee and a meal, and the club managers gave me a shirt. They wished me a merry Christmas."

Which is exactly what I am going to wish all my visitors .... no more posts until the New Year as I have other fish to fry .... well Turkeys to baste. So with the sad news that 'The Dandy' comic has stopped printing hard copies .... here's a Christmas copy of the last surviving comic from my childhood .... 'The Beano' from December 1966.

Happy Christmas and New Year !!

The Xmas Beano Comic 1966
The Xmas Beano Comic 1966


3 comments:

  1. Sadly I am old enough to also remember owning that edition of the Beano. What amazes me is the fact that I can remember the cover so distinctly .... I was just nine years old! I have trouble remembering things from last month. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly I also remembered that cover. I have been searching for nice clean copies of the British comic covers on the web, and found that there are good ones on this blog every Christmas. So I have downloaded them for my personal use as screen savers.

      Delete
    2. Your welcome to them .... I don't pretend that images can be protected on the Internet.

      Delete

All comments are welcomed, or even just thanks if you enjoyed the post. But please make any comment relevant to the post it appears under. Off topic comments will be blocked or removed.

Moderation is on for older posts to stop spamming and comments that are off topic or inappropriate from being posted .... comments are reviewed within 48 hours. I don't block normal comments that are on topic and not inappropriate. Vexatious comments that may cause upset to other commentators, or that are attempting to espouse a particular wider political view, are reviewed before acceptance. But a certain amount of debate around a post topic is accepted, as long as it remains generally on topic and is not an attempt to become sounding board for some other cause.

Final decision on all comments is held by the blog author and is final.

Comments are always monitored for bad or abusive language, and or illegal statements i.e. overtly racist or sexist content. Spam is not tolerated and is removed.

Commentaires ne sont surveillés que pour le mauvais ou abusif langue ou déclarations illégales ie contenu ouvertement raciste ou sexiste. Spam ne est pas toléré et est éliminé.

Followers

Blog Archive

Its a Pucking World

Its a Pucking World
Dreamberry Wine Cover

About Me

My photo
A middle aged orange male ... So 'un' PC it's not true....