Translate

Friday 30 August 2019

Two Mouths To Feed

Debbie Geddes was fishing in Lake Champlain in up-state New York state, USA ....

"Champ" .... Not The Only Lake Champlain "Monster"

.... When she came across a 'monster'

No, sadly not the famous local 187-foot long mythical lake monster "Champ", but rather a reel oddity ..... a fishing reel surprise.

This Fish Takes Twice The Feeding .....

As she said herself, "When this particular fish bit, it felt like I had a nice fish on. I actually commented, 'I hope it's as big as it feels!' When we got it in the boat, I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Two mouths! And yet this fish was healthy and thriving! Pretty amazing!"'

"I just can't believe all the attention this has received. The public's responses/theories are quite interesting, to say the least. I personally believe it was caused by a previous injury, most likely from another angler."

Speculation as to the cause of its unusual mouth configuration have included sewage pollution, or nuclear run-off .... but its probably just a natural sport. Just for the record .... she released it unharmed.

5 comments:

  1. That's amazing and I think the 'previous injury theory' is most likely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vroomfondel .... Hope you are well. I agree that it is unlikely to be a 'previous injury'.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I am well. You too I trust?

      I said that I thought that it probably was a previous injury, did you mis-type your reply?

      Delete
    3. I am well and vertical thanks.

      Oops yes I misread your comment. But I favour a genetic sport that survived, so in essence my reply was correct as I do think it is unlikely to be a 'previous injury'. I can't imagine an injury that would create two mouths, although I suppose its possible.

      Delete
    4. Good to hear, although all the posts kind of gave that away.

      A quick search reveals other fish with two mouths; I agree, the result is a bit too neat to be previous damage and it's not the only example. I'll go with a genetic mutation.

      Delete

All comments are welcomed, or even just thanks if you enjoyed the post. But please make any comment relevant to the post it appears under. Off topic comments will be blocked or removed.

Moderation is on for older posts to stop spamming and comments that are off topic or inappropriate from being posted .... comments are reviewed within 48 hours. I don't block normal comments that are on topic and not inappropriate. Vexatious comments that may cause upset to other commentators, or that are attempting to espouse a particular wider political view, are reviewed before acceptance. But a certain amount of debate around a post topic is accepted, as long as it remains generally on topic and is not an attempt to become sounding board for some other cause.

Final decision on all comments is held by the blog author and is final.

Comments are always monitored for bad or abusive language, and or illegal statements i.e. overtly racist or sexist content. Spam is not tolerated and is removed.

Commentaires ne sont surveillés que pour le mauvais ou abusif langue ou déclarations illégales ie contenu ouvertement raciste ou sexiste. Spam ne est pas toléré et est éliminé.

Followers

Blog Archive

Its a Pucking World

Its a Pucking World
Dreamberry Wine Cover

About Me

My photo
A middle aged orange male ... So 'un' PC it's not true....