Translate

Friday 12 March 2021

Three Of My Favourite Things

 I was struck by a thought the other day ...

Three Of My Favourite Things!

.... why do we have favourite things?

Now I don't mean loving your car, your jewellery, or perhaps having a favourite painting on the wall. No, I am referring to favourites amongst the more common things, which we might own many of. Items such as cutlery, or plates or cups etc.

Take the three mugs pictured above. I have possibly twenty others, but I invariably use only these three for all my drinks (any guests get one of my less well regarded mugs).

The large brown one, is my tea mug. The middle one is my coffee mug. The last one, the smallest with the legend on, is my bedtime herbal tea cup. I rarely, if ever, select another mug or cup to drink those beverages from, and will even wash up, just to get the appropriate vessel for the beverage I'm having.

Its ridiculous really, and a complete waste of the other mugs, which remain largely unused in a cupboard over the kettle. But, I doubt that I am alone in this foible ..... we are very strange creatures, and that's a fact.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I have a favorite plate for subs or grinders. I can't fully explain why that particular plate is favored but I can't eny it's true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I straight up confess that I had to immediately lookup a couple of terms in this comment ('Grinders' and 'Subs', were somewhat problematic ...). But for the uninitiated these are both sandwich types from the USA, and not homosexual sexual references haha!

      So now that we have cleared that up .... I also admit that I have a favourite sandwich (butty in the North of England), plate as well. I am OK about knives and forks as I bought a set of a type I like.

      Thanks for the comment .... just proves I'm not alone in my fetish ... PHEW!

      Delete
    2. I'm trying to replace my favorite coffee mug after a breakage left me bereft. I have decided to try for an antique mug to replace it. Its going to be a tough search to find a replacement that ticks all the boxes.

      Delete
    3. Do you mean your going to try, and find the exact replacement or another mug that's an antique? I guess it doesn't matter, it will likely be a long search.

      Thanks for the comment.

      Delete

All comments are welcomed, or even just thanks if you enjoyed the post. But please make any comment relevant to the post it appears under. Off topic comments will be blocked or removed.

Moderation is on for older posts to stop spamming and comments that are off topic or inappropriate from being posted .... comments are reviewed within 48 hours. I don't block normal comments that are on topic and not inappropriate. Vexatious comments that may cause upset to other commentators, or that are attempting to espouse a particular wider political view, are reviewed before acceptance. But a certain amount of debate around a post topic is accepted, as long as it remains generally on topic and is not an attempt to become sounding board for some other cause.

Final decision on all comments is held by the blog author and is final.

Comments are always monitored for bad or abusive language, and or illegal statements i.e. overtly racist or sexist content. Spam is not tolerated and is removed.

Commentaires ne sont surveillés que pour le mauvais ou abusif langue ou déclarations illégales ie contenu ouvertement raciste ou sexiste. Spam ne est pas toléré et est éliminé.

Followers

Blog Archive

Its a Pucking World

Its a Pucking World
Dreamberry Wine Cover

About Me

My photo
A middle aged orange male ... So 'un' PC it's not true....