Translate

Friday 22 September 2017

Yesterday's Views

It looks as though my blogs peak is now firmly in the past. Viewing figures have dropped off a cliff recently, from over 200 views per day at its peak, to barely 39 views yesterday. I am facing the faintly unappetising prospect of blogging purely for my own amusement.

The Sea Of Indifference ... Has No Life Guards.

Now I have posted before, on what a lonely and soul destroying thing it can be for many people, to launch their thoughts on a subject into the choppy waters of the Internet, only to find those waters are just a sea of indifference.

But as a blogger you generally have to accept that you may get no visitors, and that you should therefore blog for ones own amusement and satisfaction. But I am also aware that most blogs have died long before the fifth anniversary of their birth. This blog has been going since February 2007, but perhaps it's now reaching its natural end time?

Maybe there really is a season for all things, including blogs? It could be that my posts are now beginning to just be echoes of my earlier thoughts on subjects, and thus no longer as interesting. I should imagine that many a vicars sermons, very quickly become stale because they are after all just giving homilies on much the same subjects for year after year, after year.

I shall have to ponder on these things over the coming weeks and months, and perhaps I will conclude that its maybe time to put this blog down, as its simply reached its natural end time. Even if that is the decision, it won't be immediately, but rather a gradual run down over a period of time, until a final posting day. This may come when I hit 500,000 views, although at the current view rate even that might be too far away.

That would be both a sadness and a relief. Sad, as it's occupied a decade of my life, but also a relief, as I won't have to try to find new subjects to discuss or opine upon every week. Of course I may simply rediscover my mojo, and start writing interestingly on subjects that others may wish to read about, and viewing figures pick up again.

In which case, this post is just so much more virtual ink on a web page, and already yesterday's views as I write it.

2 comments:

  1. Your dedication to this Blog is impressive; I wouldn't like to find the topics, do the research and write three or four whole articles a week! - it's enough effort just to make a brief comment at the end of one of them now and again.

    Ending it would be a great shame, it's the only Blog that I have found to be worth reading regularly. Sure, the same views come round again and again but that's because nothing changes and events demand that they be repeated.

    I hope that you can find a reason to continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why Thank you Vroomfondel. I guess I have had a very heavy year and have questioned a few things recently. I kind of think of you as my literary litmus paper, or perhaps a Boswell figure LOL. I expect I will carry on, even if just out of habit ... its better for me than smoking cigarettes would be!!

      Delete

All comments are welcomed, or even just thanks if you enjoyed the post. But please make any comment relevant to the post it appears under. Off topic comments will be blocked or removed.

Moderation is on for older posts to stop spamming and comments that are off topic or inappropriate from being posted .... comments are reviewed within 48 hours. I don't block normal comments that are on topic and not inappropriate. Vexatious comments that may cause upset to other commentators, or that are attempting to espouse a particular wider political view, are reviewed before acceptance. But a certain amount of debate around a post topic is accepted, as long as it remains generally on topic and is not an attempt to become sounding board for some other cause.

Final decision on all comments is held by the blog author and is final.

Comments are always monitored for bad or abusive language, and or illegal statements i.e. overtly racist or sexist content. Spam is not tolerated and is removed.

Commentaires ne sont surveillés que pour le mauvais ou abusif langue ou déclarations illégales ie contenu ouvertement raciste ou sexiste. Spam ne est pas toléré et est éliminé.

Followers

Blog Archive

Its a Pucking World

Its a Pucking World
Dreamberry Wine Cover

About Me

My photo
A middle aged orange male ... So 'un' PC it's not true....