Translate

Friday 15 September 2023

Thanks A Million

Well, in something of a milestone ....

Cheerleaders Dancing
Cheerleaders Dancing

 

..... this blog has passed a million views, well according to the blogs stats (which are displayed at the bottom of the page as Total Pageviews).

So whether exactly true or not, I am posting this very self indulgent post celebrating the reported fact.

For regular readers, it'll be no surprise when I mention that its partly a surprise as I had a very close brush with death (Bad Cancer) six years ago, but actually mainly because way back in February 2007, I had no intention to still be posting on a weekly basis more than 16 years later. 😲

A few facts and figures:

  • 3,121 including today's postings, is the number of posts published to date (Including two I deleted in error).
  • 2,349 Visitor comments published to date (Approximated by dividing the comments published by 2, to exclude my replies and ignoring deletions).

Top Ten Most Visited Blog Posts On This Blog According To Blogger Stats:

  1. Blobby Britain.
  2. Chai Boys - Afghanistan.
  3. The House That Money Built.
  4. Dancing Queen Returns.
  5. Barbie turned "Fifty" this week!!!
  6. Unlikely Hero?
  7. Nobel Prize, Ignoble Politics.
  8. The Great God Pan is Dead.
  9. Death Row Inmates Want Friends.*
  10. Compare And Contrast.

Of course as already mentioned, I am relying on Google Blogger for this figure, as the total pageview counter link is taken directly from the blogs statistics report, but as I don't usually count my own site visits from my laptop (there's a control setting to ignore these visits such as today), its going to be there or there's about .... probably within a few months if not already reached. 

So I'll take it as a surprise achievement, worthy of a passing mention ... whether I'll keep posting in the medium to long-term future I'm not sure ... but I've sung that tune before, and yet here I still am years/decades later. 😅

* For reasons that I never understood, the stats were not picking up visits to this this post for months, this despite the heavy visitor traffic (as evinced by the comments), until I eventually reverted it to draft, and then reposted it several months later. So its missing at least a thousand visit hits if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcomed, or even just thanks if you enjoyed the post. But please make any comment relevant to the post it appears under. Off topic comments will be blocked or removed.

Moderation is on for older posts to stop spamming and comments that are off topic or inappropriate from being posted .... comments are reviewed within 48 hours. I don't block normal comments that are on topic and not inappropriate. Vexatious comments that may cause upset to other commentators, or that are attempting to espouse a particular wider political view, are reviewed before acceptance. But a certain amount of debate around a post topic is accepted, as long as it remains generally on topic and is not an attempt to become sounding board for some other cause.

Final decision on all comments is held by the blog author and is final.

Comments are always monitored for bad or abusive language, and or illegal statements i.e. overtly racist or sexist content. Spam is not tolerated and is removed.

Commentaires ne sont surveillés que pour le mauvais ou abusif langue ou déclarations illégales ie contenu ouvertement raciste ou sexiste. Spam ne est pas toléré et est éliminé.

Followers

Blog Archive

Its a Pucking World

Its a Pucking World
Dreamberry Wine Cover

About Me

My photo
A middle aged orange male ... So 'un' PC it's not true....