Translate

Saturday, 3 May 2014

William H Bonney - Billy The Kid Studies

I occasionally have a play with a Photo Shop or Paint Shop Pro type of application .... sometimes the results are worth sharing (well in my modest opinion) ....

So here without further ado, here are my studies of William H Bonney, aka 'Billy The Kid'.

In Black and White:

William H Bonney - 'Billy The Kid' bw study

In Colour:

William H Bonney - 'Billy The Kid' colour study

I like see the past brought to life like this .... I know I may be alone in this, but there you are. These are all my takes from the original tin plate photograph that was sold last year, with the first B&W one a clean up of original plate, and then each succeeding picture is an enhancement on the one before .....

Another More Doubtful Attribution:

William H. Bonney ... born Henry McCarty (aka Billy the Kid) .... Possibly


4 comments:

  1. You've done a good job of enhancing the original, I especially like the colour version. I particularly enjoy new photos matched to old ones showing common buildings and trees; perhaps the tree in Billy's photo is still there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look very carefully .... tree and backdrop are false. There are some fingers holding the tree in place. It was most likely a travelling photographers tent.

      Delete
    2. Well, so long as it's the real Billy The Kid.

      Delete
    3. Well at a cost of $2.3m I should hope so as well.

      Delete

All comments are welcomed, or even just thanks if you enjoyed the post. But please try to make any comment relevant to the post it appears under.

Comments are only monitored for bad or abusive language or illegal statements i.e. overtly racist or sexist content. Spam is not tolerated and is removed.

Commentaires ne sont surveillés que pour le mauvais ou abusif langue ou déclarations illégales ie contenu ouvertement raciste ou sexiste. Spam ne est pas toléré et est éliminé.

Followers

Blog Archive

Its a Pucking World

Its a Pucking World
Dreamberry Wine Cover

Blog Search Links

Search in Google Blogs

About Me

My photo
A middle aged orange male ... So 'un' PC it's not true....